On October 5, 2017, a network of organizations and partners across the country will join together to promote the benefits of energy efficiency for the second nationwide Energy Efficiency Day. Last year, more than 175 businesses, governments, cities, and other organizations pledged to participate. You can be part of this year's campaign. Sign up on the EE Day website and then join a conference call and learn how you can use pictures and social media to elevate energy efficiency on Oct.5.
Energy Efficiency Day Partner Call
Wednesday, September 20, 1-2 pm EST
866.740.1260, access code: 2030328
Government, corporate, and industrial partners can help support Energy Efficiency Day 2017 by sharing appropriate content and reaching out to the media on and before October 5. We've even made it easy for you to participate by providing a digital media toolkit on the website. The toolkit has logos, hashtags, pictures and messages - everything you need to boost the visibility and benefits of energy efficiency using your own digital media platforms: your website, Facebook page, Twitter, newsletter, blog, etc.
How To Participate
• Use shared hashtag #EEDay2017 in all your social media posts on October 5, 2017.
• Link your Energy Efficiency Day social media posts to your own website: stories of energy efficiency successes, reports or other content you have posted online.
• Use the toolkit. It includes ready-made social media memes and messages that you can post to your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn social channels.
• If you'd like to keep it simple, retweet and share your favorite social media posts by NEEP and others. Use the buttons at the bottom of this email to follow us on Twitter and Facebook if you don't already.
Or, create your own content
• Make the day your own! Incorporate Energy Efficiency Day messaging from the toolkit into your social media, blogs, emails, newsletters and other outlets.
• One of the most effective things you can do is post pictures on social media of your staff working on energy efficiency projects. This helps people visualize what energy efficiency is and how many different kinds of jobs in energy efficiency are out there.
• Forward this email to your stakeholders/partners or members/customers so that they too can participate in Energy Efficiency Day on October 5.
Join the call!