This position is decided to support the Special Event & Program Manager with Communications tasks such as engaging with social media, helping to develop newsletters and e-blasts, and supporting special events, including education activities.
Anticipated assignments include using constant contact to format and send e-blasts and e-newsletters, updating web site content, updating and maintaining Google Adwords campaign, and maintaining social media content and campaigns. Additional assignments will include providing logistical support for CCI’s annual fundraiser, Bluegrass & Blue Jeans, as well as supporting the planning of our new advocacy speaker series, Stepping Up. Tasks may include things like sending out promotional materials, booking and confirming vendors, organization registration information, and assisting with event promotions. Additional tasks may also be assigned from the Executive Director. Direct supervision is from the Special Event & Program Manager with additional involvement from the Executive Director.
- Superior customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in the absence of supervision; to take responsibility for completing assignments when needed; and to take initiative.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Experience with basic social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience with Constant Contact or other e-marketing software a plus but not required.
- Experience with Drupal or other website content management platforms a plus but not required.
- Experience with Google Adwords a plus but not required.
Must have valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle when needed for work assignments, and provide proof of automobile liability insurance