Reporting directly to Conservation Consultants, Inc.’s, Executive Director the Communications & Development Coordinator will aid in the development and management of CCI’s overall fundraising and communications strategy including but not limited to special events, annual giving, and grant coordination as well as executing the organization’s communications strategy. The Development & Communications Coordinator will also assist in coordinating educational programming.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. This position is expected, with minimal supervision, to provide support and trouble-shooting as needed to the Executive Director, including the following duties:
Development – Working with the Executive Director, provide coordination and support for all development activities, including but not limited to:
- Participate in maintaining, updating, and implementing Development Plan
- Manager annual individual giving campaigns
- Coordinate CCI’s sponsorship program, developing strategy, materials, follow-up (in conjunction with ED)
- Coordinate CCI’s annual major and minor fundraising events
- Manage tracking of all donations including but not limited to grants, sponsorships and individual donation.
- Assist with grant writing as directed
- Participate in Board Development Committee
- Support Executive Director in special fundraising/development projects, such as tax credit programs
Communications – With input from Executive Director maintain and implement marketing and communications strategy including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Manage and produce select CCI e-communications including monthly e-newsletter and e-blasts as needed
- Develop and implement social media plan as part of overall communications strategy
- Maintain organizational website
- Maintain Google AdWords account
Education – Working with the Executive Director, develop and implement an annual education/event plan
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Excellent English language and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple deadlines at once
- Minimum of two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or communications preferred
- Experience with CRM system preferred
- Experience with online marketing tools such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in the absence of supervision; to take responsibility for completing assignments when needed; and to take initiative.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Must have valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle when needed for work assignments, and provide proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. and ascend and descend two flights of stairs daily.