CCI’s Director of Market Initiatives is developing new business models to help small businesses and homeowners in the Pittsburgh region to improve their energy efficiency and lower their carbon impact including the Sound Home Plan, a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, launched by CCI in partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection, to help Pittsburgh-area homeowners improve their home health, safety, and sustainability, and the Energize Small Biz Program, designed to help Pittsburgh’s small businesses make smart, energy saving building upgrades.
The successful candidate will assist the Director with the development of new program initiatives launched by CCI. The Business Development & Marketing Associate will support market research and will perform data analysis; will assist with the management of outreach to key sustainability stakeholders in our region; will support the development of outreach materials to potential customers; will support website development; will interact with firms CCI has contracted with to ensure brand compliance on marketing materials; will liaise with the Department of Energy to ensure CCI’s marketing materials comport with the HPwES brand, will assist in outreach strategy development; will coordinate outreach events; will ensure that outreach channels including newsletters and social media are regularly updated; and will provide administrative support as needed.
The ideal candidate has a passion for sustainability, is interested in developing sustainable business initiatives, and is interested in learning how to advance sustainability in the marketplace.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Perform market research.
- Coordinate with key sustainability stakeholders to ensure milestones are met.
- Create informational outreach materials to support department initiatives and educate stakeholders. Some guidance and content will be provided by the Director of Market Initiatives.
- Interact with CCI’s customers to gather their stories and develop customer project case studies
- Regularly update CCI’s Sound Home and Energize Small Biz webpages with relevant content.
- Track CCI’s Google Analytics.
- Regularly generate materials for the CCI newsletter and other appropriate outlets, such as CCI’s social media accounts, that will keep stakeholders up to date on key issues and events.
- Provide administrative support including customer intake and project data tracking.
Conduct analysis of customer and project data.
- Coursework in business, marketing, economics, non-profit management, sustainability, urban planning, or environmental science, or a related field is required.
- A four year degree in a related field, such as those listed above, is a plus.
- Previous marketing and outreach experience is a plus.
- Previous sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Solid fundamental computer and technology skills – proficiency in MS Office Suite (including Access), Outlook.
- Previous experience with graphic design tools and website management is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs and ascend and descend two flights of stairs daily.