CCI’s Director of Market Initiatives is developing new energy efficiency business models to help small businesses and homeowners in the Pittsburgh region to improve their energy efficiency and lower their carbon impact. The successful candidate will offer the Director of Market Initiatives technical support in extracting, tracking, and analyzing energy savings data; will assist CCI’s Construction Services Manager and CCI Field Team in on-site building evaluations; and will support the development of technical energy audit evaluations and retrofit recommendation reports using existing and intuitive software tools.
The ideal candidate has a passion for sustainability and green buildings. The Sustainability Associate can expect to be interact with clients, participate in on-site building evaluations in the field, and can expect to work with software to create, track and analyze data for project management and tracking purposes through CCI program collaborations with the Department of Energy and others as needed.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Interact with customers to obtain energy bill information
- Conduct interviews with customers to learn about energy use behavior
- Assist CCI staff with on-site building system evaluations
- Perform energy and carbon savings calculations
- Produce energy saving recommendation reports
- Compile and evaluate project data
Make oral reports to CCI staff and customers
- Coursework in architecture, building performance & diagnostics, engineering, sustainable design, environmental science, urban planning, or a related field is required.
- A four year degree in a related field, such as those listed above, is a plus.
- Previous experience with building diagnostics
- Experience using portfolio manager or similar online tools, a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A self-started with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Solid fundamental computer and technology skills – proficiency in MS Office Suite (including Access) and Outlook
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and ascend and descend two flights of stairs daily.